What is a SRES and why should I work with one?
A Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES) is a Realtor who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES designation is awarded only to Realtors who have additional education on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. I am very proud to have my SRES designation!
What qualities make an SRES Real Estate Agent different from any other Real Estate Agent?
- I have knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues by understanding the emotional demands and help guide with compassionate care.
- I can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- I takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- I will take the time needed to make the client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- I understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
- I tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older clients.
- I can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- I am knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- I have a wide network of other senior focused professionals.
Working with seniors is dear to my heart!
I have helped my parents find a 55+ community, that they love, I helped my father-in-law with finding an assisted living home also help place my mother-in-law in memory care and have helped and guided many many other seniors to their needs.